So here’s the damage, from left to right, but no specific date of purchase. They were all bought from the past two weeks, from that nifty stall of Makeup Design Academy at Robinson’s Manila, SM department stores and Watson’s to mid-priced shops like the Beauty Bar, Healthy Options and The Body Shop.
1. Marionnaud Pencil Eye Brush (Watson’s) — finally, FINALLY! I’ve been finding for a pencil brush to complete my brush arsenal and what do you know? I found one at a bargain!
2. Rice Powder Eye Stick in Medium (Beauty Bar) — I admit it, I’m not using this for its directed use. I’m using this to cover blemishes & acne scars and it’s doing a pretty good job, I must say.
3. Earth Therapeutics Green Tea Herbal Soap (Beauty Bar) — I needed to a new night-time cleanser and using this is a God-sent for sensitive, acne-prone people like me. I need something mild for night-time, and with natural ingredients. The scent is also divine—makes for a good-night sleep.
4. Earth Therapeutics Clari-T Pore Cleansing Strips (Beauty Bar) — haven’t tried this one yet, but might bust out one for the weekend.
5. Wet n Wild Lipstick in 509A Cinnamon (SM) — love at first sight when I swatched it on my arm! It’s not too blue, didn’t detect any pink or orange or brown. I believe it’s the right amount of red for me, without being too garish.
6. Fashion 21 Blush Stick in 05 (SM) — I believe this one is a deadringer for NARS’ Multiple and this shade reminds me of a darker Orgasm (tell me what NARS shade I can compare it to!). It’s a cream-to-powder formula & this will look great on warm, morena tones.
7. The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15 (TBS) — have been using this for the past few days, and wow, no breakouts for me!! It sets right away w/c is a relief! It does not control oil completely but it does give me that silicone-primer look, w/o the silicone. 😀
8. Nature’s Gate Extra Strength Spot Corrector (Healthy Options) — I’m too scared to try Panoxyl or those other hardcore acne stuff at the drugstore, and this somehow works.
I also got a Sleek palette from *Makeup Design Academy’s stall! *dances with excitement* Mine is the Oh So Special, cause really, what better way to celebrate the past 22 years of existence (the highs + the lows) than splurging on a special snowflake of the beauty industry. Nonetheless, I still can’t justify shopping for department store brands so Sleek (despite the Php850 price tag) would do. 😛 I also got a BYS eyeshadow palette in Smokey Chic from the same place where I got Sleek. I tried this and the taupe shade (middle) is to die for. This is the on-the-go smokey palette for on-the-go girls. Since they also carry NYX, I couldn’t pass up the round lipsticks in Haute Melon and Peach Bellini. Summer colors but I’m wearing this for the whole year ’round. 😉
Lastly, I got a Bobbie nail polish in Mudslide, which is a deadringer of a Butter London shade (that tribute to the late Alexander McQueen). This got raves from Julia of BlessMyBag so I snatched it up.. been wearing it today, and it’s a kitschy spin to the usual nudes.
And an obligatory Christmas card through the interwebz. 😛 That was on my 18th birthday (Filipino girls must celebrate their 18th year; tradition, etc.) five years ago! It feels like a long time ago already… anyway, enough with the wistfulness! A merry Christmas to all of you and happy holidays! A prosperous new year too, to you and your family! 🙂
*MDA stall is located at Robinson’s Manila, 1st Level